Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/21] environment: guard reliance on `the_repository`

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 11:29:46 +0200

On Fri, Aug 30, 2024 at 09:32:35AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2024 at 12:59:35PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> >> There may be more, but I know at least of these at the moment from
> >> https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/10619536685/job/29437358521
> >> 
> >> Perhaps this can become [0.5/21] of the series, before globals are
> >> hidden behind the macro.
> >
> > Thanks, I'll add these. I really need to spend some time to finally get
> > Win32 builds set up in GitLab CI.
> 
> Windows builds we can get from GitHub Actions already.  It would be
> nice if somebody had Cygwin, which might have avoided a need for
> <[email-masked]>

We already have it, yeah. But as I typically only use GitLab CI, I tend
to hit the failures on Windows systems when the series is already out
there, which requires a roundtrip that would have otherwise been
avoided.

In any case, having Cygwin added to the mix in addition certainly would
be nice.

Patrick