Subject: Notes from the Git Contributor's Summit, 2024

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 10:15:53 -0400

It was great to see folks at the Contributor's Summit today during Git
Merge!

The notes are available (as read-only) in Google Docs, too, for folks
who prefer to view them there are the following link:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IZvW1_pnkrMMWnBmZO2MbT4QCjIPJBWNJg_shYqSnrE/edit

At the Contributor's Summit, we discussed the following topics:

  - Rust (Kyle)
  - Top-level lib/ directory (Patrick)
  - Structured Error Handling (brian)
  - Platform Support Policy (Emily)
  - SHA-256 / Git 3.0 (Patrick)
  - Git / Conservancy Stuff (Taylor)
  - How to attract new contributors? + Community Discord (Jonathan N. /
      Calvin Wan)
  - Modern Build System (Patrick)
  - Bundle-URI on fetch / resumable clone (Toon)
  - Project Tracking (Emily / Patrick)
  - git-scm.com state of the site (Johannes)

I'll send the broken-out notes for each topic in a response to this
message for posterity, and so folks can continue the discussion on the
list.

Like in previous years, if you have any feedback on how the
Contributor's Summit went please feel free to share it with me here, or
off-list.

I hope to see everybody in person next year!

Thanks,
Taylor