Subject: Re: the latter half of october, the maintainer goes offline

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2024 13:53:49 -0400

On Thu, Oct 03, 2024 at 10:26:19AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> It can be somebody stepping up and say "ok, I'll self nominate and
> run the project as the interim maintainer, just like it was done in
> the past years", or "let's do something differently, how about
> everybody throws a merge request to this mob repository, use this
> (possibly different) review procedure, and give back the tip of
> 'master' when Junio returns", or "OK, we'll discuss and exchange
> patches for these two weeks among ourselves and we can cope without
> a central meeting place".
>
> IOW, I am interested to see if the community comes up with a
> day-to-day project structure that may be better for the contributors
> than what I have dictated in the past during my vacation time.

Interesting. If list participants would prefer to use the same structure
as when you're not on vacation, I'm happy to shuffle the patches and
send regular "What's cooking" reports for those couple of weeks.

I guess that amounts to the "I'll self nominate and run the project as
interim maintainer" option you mentioned above :-).

Thanks,
Taylor