Subject: Re: git-scm.com is now a static website

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 12:11:06 -0400

On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 06:19:16PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
> I haven't yet spun down the dynos on Heroku, on the off-chance that we
> need to quickly get back to the non-static version of the site. But the
> rollout has gone so smoothly that I doubt doing so will be necessary. In
> a couple of days I'll go ahead and spin them down, assuming nothing has
> changed.

I had a reminder in my personal calendar today to shut down our Heroku
account, which is now mostly done.

I de-provisioned all of our add-ons (which were the Heroku Scheduler,
Postgres, and Bonsai instances), and then deleted the app.

The only thing that is left is to actually delete the account itself,
which can't be done until our last invoice is cleared, which should
happen on sometime later today. Our final invoice is $61.86 USD. Once
that is cleared, I'll delete the account entirely.

(As an aside, this is a significant cost-savings for the project. Our
usual invoices are around $65 USD/mo, but that is taking into account
the OSS credits[1] that Heroku provides us, which are worth $40 USD/mo.
So the real cost-savings is somewhere around $1,200 USD/yr, which is
awesome.)

Thanks,
Taylor

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/