Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] cmake: fix autogenerated clar headers

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 17:40:30 -0400

On Mon, Oct 14, 2024 at 04:06:38PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this small patch series fixes how we set up autogenerated clar headers
> in CMake such that the clar builds again. The underlying issue is that
> we accidentally added the source directory, not the build directory, to
> our list of include directories. I guess this went unnoticed because if
> you also happen to use Makefiles in the same repo, we'd have found the
> Makefile-generated headers by accident.
>
> The other two patches unify the infra to generate "clar-decls.h", which
> has basically been pulled out of my build system modernization patch
> series.
>
> Taylor: note that this conflicts with the patch series at [1]. The
> conflict can be solved by accepting the Makefile of this series here and
> adding the following on top of "t/unit-tests/generate-clar-decls.sh":

Thanks. I had initially kicked the latter out of 'seen' when applying
both to my tree. But when I went back and read the contents of these
patches more carefully I saw your note here, which is very much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Taylor