Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 02/10] t/test-lib: wire up NO_ICONV prerequisite

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 05:57:10 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2024 at 07:53:12PM -0400, Taylor Blau wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2024 at 01:45:11PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > Further note that there are several "!MINGW" conditions in t4201, and
> > all of these fail due to iconv-related errors. This is quite likely a
> > leftover from times before dce7d29551 (msvc: support building Git using
> > MS Visual C++, 2019-06-25), which switched Windows-based builds over
> > from "NO_ICONV=YesPlease" to "NEEDS_LIBICONV=YesPlease". Consequently,
> > adapt those tests to also use the new ICONV prerequisite.
> 
> This appears to break CI on Windows when I merged this into 'jch':
> 
>     https://github.com/ttaylorr/git/actions/runs/11355564982/job/31585450667
> 
> I'm going to temporarily eject this from 'jch' and 'seen' until we can
> properly deal with this.

Ugh, I'm looking forward to the Windows jobs for GitLab CI being merged
down to next so that I can finally see such regressions before they hit
our trees. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, will have a look.

Patrick