Subject: Re: the latter half of october, the maintainer goes offline

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 00:38:11 +0800

> Well, I think we cannot easily fund a single individual. It it is a
> full-time job, we have to also pay for the insurances. I don't know
> how to hire an individual in an open source project. But intuitively I
> think there would be a lot of trouble here due to the laws. As far as I
> know, Junio is working at Google.
> 
> So, the biggest problem here is that most of us either work at other
> companies for full-time job which are not unrelated to Git or work at
> companies which are related to Git(upstream). Although it is an honor to
> be hired by an open source project, there are still many concerns for an
> individual.
> 

"which are not unrelated to Git" should be "which are unrelated to Git".
Sorry for typos here.

> From my perspective, we already did this. Junio will rely on the reviews
> from other contributors. This is what I got from the Git Contributor's
> Summit, 2024: [TOPIC 10/11] Project Tracking.
> 
>   https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
> 

I forgot to show my intention here. I do not think we need to really
distinguish these two modes. Even if we hire an individual, the
individual still needs the help from the community about the unfamiliar
fields.