Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] archive: remove the_repository global variable

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 15:13:34 +0800

On Sat, Oct 05, 2024 at 03:30:43AM +0000, John Cai via GitGitGadget wrote:
> diff --git a/builtin/archive.c b/builtin/archive.c
> index dc926d1a3df..13ea7308c8b 100644
> --- a/builtin/archive.c
> +++ b/builtin/archive.c

[snip]

>  
> -	ret = write_archive(argc, argv, prefix, the_repository, output, 0);
> +	ret = write_archive(argc, argv, prefix, repo, output, 0);
>  

When I read this new series, I feel quite strange for why we only change
"the_repository" to "repo". After reading the comments from [PATCH v2 4/4],
I have understood the context.

I think we should improve the commit message to take about we decide to
remove the "the_repository" from "archive.c" code unless it will bring a
lot of confusion for the reader.

Thanks,
Jialuo