Subject: [PATCH v6 1/9] ref: initialize "fsck_ref_report" with zero

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 21:34:13 +0800

In "fsck.c::fsck_refs_error_function", we need to tell whether "oid" and
"referent" is NULL. So, we need to always initialize these parameters to
NULL instead of letting them point to anywhere when creating a new
"fsck_ref_report" structure.

The original code explicitly initializes the "path" member in the
"struct fsck_ref_report" to NULL (which implicitly 0-initializes other
members in the struct). It is more customary to use "{ 0 }" to express
that we are 0-initializing everything. In order to align with the
codebase, initialize "fsck_ref_report" with zero.

Mentored-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Mentored-by: Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
---
 refs/files-backend.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/refs/files-backend.c b/refs/files-backend.c
index 0824c0b8a9..03d2503276 100644
--- a/refs/files-backend.c
+++ b/refs/files-backend.c
@@ -3520,7 +3520,7 @@ static int files_fsck_refs_name(struct ref_store *ref_store UNUSED,
 		goto cleanup;
 
 	if (check_refname_format(iter->basename, REFNAME_ALLOW_ONELEVEL)) {
-		struct fsck_ref_report report = { .path = NULL };
+		struct fsck_ref_report report = { 0 };
 
 		strbuf_addf(&sb, "%s/%s", refs_check_dir, iter->relative_path);
 		report.path = sb.buf;
-- 
2.47.0