Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] compat/mingw: support POSIX semantics for atomic renames

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 08:30:41 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2024 at 06:19:43PM +0200, Kristoffer Haugsbakk wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2024, at 17:05, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > […]
> > Careful readers might have noticed that [1] does not mention the above
> > flag, but instead mentions `FILE_RENAME_POSIX_SEMANICS`. This flag is
> 
> s/FILE_RENAME_POSIX_SEMANICS/FILE_RENAME_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS/

No, this is actually intentional. There are two different flags:

  - FILE_RENAME_POSIX_SEMANTICS is what ntifs.h exposes and what I've
    been linking for documentation. This flag cannot be used though with
    `FileRenameInfoEx`.

  - FILE_RENAME_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS is what needs to be used with
    `FileRenameInfoEx`, but it is undocumented.

> >  	/* TODO: translate more errors */
> 
> It seems that `Documentation` doesn’t mention the difference between
> `TODO` and `NEEDSWORK`.  What is it?

No idea, to be honest.

Patrick