Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 02/10] midx-write: pass down repository to static functions

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 14:43:22 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2024 at 04:36:41PM +0100, Karthik Nayak wrote:
> ---
>  midx-write.c | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
>  1 file changed, 31 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

This patch all seems reasonable to me. When reviewing it in this way, it
is a little unclear to see which functions need just a repository, just
a hash_algo, or the whole write_midx_context structure.

I think I might have erred on the side of just passing the
write_midx_context structure throughout the midx-write.c internals. That
exposes more of the implementation details than is strictly necessary,
but it does so to the benefit of making the code (and this patch) easier
to follow.

I don't feel strongly about it, and I trust that you modified the right
functions to pass the right data. I just wanted to mention it in case
you hadn't considered an alternative way to structure this patch.

Thanks,
Taylor