Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] list-objects-filter cleanups

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 13:51:29 -0400

On 9/11/2022 12:57 AM, Jeff King wrote:
> In the recent jk/plug-list-object-filter-leaks topic[1], I stopped short
> of fixing all of the callers to actually initialize the filter struct
> beyond zero-ing it.
> 
> This series does the cleanup that I was afraid to do there. :)
> 
> I think the end result is less confusing and error-prone. And as you can
> see in patch 4, it matches how the code originally hoped to be written,
> but the author was also afraid of the zero-initialization thing.
> 
> It is kind of churny, and carries some risk of regression (if I missed a
> spot). IMHO it's worth it, but even if we don't take it, we should pick
> up the first two patches, which are small bug-lets that the conversion
> turned up.

I agree that it's worth it. Hopefully the BUG() you inserted is sufficient
to catch any regression in CI.

Thanks,
-Stolee