Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/10] evolve: add support for writing metacommits

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 12:09:42 +0100

Hi Chris

On 05/10/2022 10:40, Chris P wrote:
>>> +/**
>>> + * Produces the final form of a metacommit based on the current change refs.
>>> + */
>>> +static void resolve_metacommit(
>>> +     struct repository* repo,
>>> +     struct change_table* active_changes,
>>> +     const struct metacommit_data *to_resolve,
>>
>> [testing my understanding] This is the metacommit we want to update
> 
> Maybe you can help me find a bug.  If you run `git-change update`
> twice without changing commits, it prints that it created a second
> one, but then if you `git-change list` it doesn't show that last one
> because it doesn't create an extra one if there's already a change
> pointing at HEAD.

That's something I thought that we should add a test for but didn't get 
round to. I'll have a look and get back to you

> Also, thanks for all the comments, it's helping my understanding too.
> In general do you want all these comments added to the code?

Not unless you think the code needs them (from what I remember it is 
already fairly well commented), they're just me thinking out loud as I 
read the code.

I'm going to be offline for the rest of the day, I'll catch up with the 
rest of your comments tomorrow or Friday.

Phillip