Subject: [GIT PULL] gitk: restore window position, external diff of renamed files

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2025 16:38:35 +0100

The following changes since commit c435c515dad872532705d45d9ff81d3f4af22d6d:

  Merge branch 'ml/themes' (2025-10-05 13:09:49 +0200)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://github.com/j6t/gitk.git master

for you to fetch changes up to 776223c4d8482a29585266e189ea8f1933ac9652:

  Merge branch 'tb/external-diff-renamed' (2025-11-26 16:04:14 +0100)

The commit that reinstates that the main window position is saved across
sessions is controversial and needs testing. In b9bee11526ec (gitk: Only
restore window size from ~/.gitk, not position, 2008-03-10) [1] it was
argued that restoring the main window position is inconvenient. With the
reversal of that patch I have now implemented my preference (to restore
the position) with the purpose to solicit feedback whether it is still
inconvenient. We can revert the patch again or find a better solution if
needed.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

----------------------------------------------------------------
Johannes Sixt (6):
      Revert "gitk: Only restore window size from ~/.gitk, not position"
      gitk: persist position and size of the Tags and Heads window
      gitk: fix a 'continue' statement outside a loop to 'return'
      gitk: show unescaped file names on 'rename' and 'copy' lines
      Merge branch 'js/persist-ref-window-geometry'
      Merge branch 'tb/external-diff-renamed'

Tobias Boesch (1):
      gitk: add external diff file rename detection

 gitk | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 69 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)