Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Introduce filesystem type tracking

From: David Timber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2026 14:43:58 +0900

> All these mails have a broken header and set In-Reply-To: to <>:
>
>   In-Reply-To: <>
>
> So all of these messages share a single bogus parent with the empty
> message ID <> and then Neomutt groups them together which makes it look
> like a really old thread got new replies...
Sorry for off-topic

I run my own Postfix+Dovecot stack and for an added layer of security, I
enabled client cert verification for all MUA ports(submission and imap)
so that bots don't even have a chance at establishing a TLS session.

The downside of this would be lack of client support. I'd love to use
but unfortunately git-send-email cannot be configured to present a
client cert to the server. I just learned that git-send-email is only a
single 2k-line perl script, so I could submit the patch if anyone's
interested. Just a few lines for the script to pass the PEM paths to the
openssl lib.