Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/6] whatchanged: require --i-still-use-this

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2025 08:56:01 +0200

On Fri, May 02, 2025 at 05:58:12PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> The documentation of "git whatchanged" is pretty explicit that this
> has retained for historical reasons to help those whose fingers

I feel like there's a word missing here. Maybe "that this command has
been retained"?

> cannot be retrained.  Let's see if they still are finding it hard to
> type "git log --raw" instead of "git whatchanged" by marking the
> command as "nominated for removal", and require "--i-still-use-this"
> on the command line.  Adjust the tests so that the option is passed
> when we invoke the command.  In addition, we test that the command
> fails when "--i-still-use-this" is not given.
> 
> While at it, update the documentation page to use the new [synopsis]
> facility to mark-up the SYNOPSIS part.

This while-at-it change feels a bit funny given that we don't touch the
docs at all, but I don't mind it too much.

Patrick