Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitlab-ci: always run MSVC-based Meson job

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2025 11:12:57 +0200

On Mon, Apr 28, 2025 at 11:32:12AM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> With 7304bd2bc39 (ci: wire up Visual Studio build with Meson,
> 2025-01-22) we have introduced a CI job that builds and tests Git with
> Microsoft Visual Studio via Meson. This job is only being executed by
> default on GitHub Workflows though -- on GitLab CI it is marked as a
> "manual" job, so the developer has to actively trigger these jobs.
> 
> The consequence of this split is that any breakage specific to this job
> is only noticed by developers who mainly work with GitHub. Let's improve
> this situation by also running the job by default on GitLab CI.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>

While there has been discussion around whether we can in general avoid
some duplication in our pipelines, I think this patch makes sense
regardless to bring GitLab CI in line with GitHub Workflows. I haven't
seen the patch being picked up yet though -- I assume it fell of the
radar.

Junio, do you have any concern with taking this patch?

Thanks!