Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] enhance "string_list" code and test

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2025 23:55:51 +0800

Hi All:

I finally finish the version 2. And I don't provide the range-diff due
to that I add more commits compared with version 1.

This patch could be organized into three parts:

1. [PATCH v2 1/8]

   Fix simple sign warnings of the loop iterator.

2. [PATCH v2 2/8] - [PATCH v2 4/8]

   Remove unncessary code, improve the logic and finally enable sign
   compare warnings check.

3. [PATCH v2 5/8] - [PATCH v2 8/8]

   Remove test to the unit test.

However, I want to tell Patrick a thing. I feel hard to remove the
performance test. So, I leave it here. The reason is that we want to
test performance of "string-list" sorting.

Thanks,
Jialuo

shejialuo (8):
  string-list: fix sign compare warnings for loop iterator
  string-list: remove unused "insert_at" parameter from add_entry
  string-list: return index directly when inserting an existing element
  string-list: enable sign compare warnings check
  u-string-list: move "test_split" into "u-string-list.c"
  u-string-list: move "test_split_in_place" to "u-string-list.c"
  u-string-list: move "filter string" test to "u-string-list.c"
  u-string-list: move "remove duplicates" test to "u-string-list.c"

 Makefile                     |   1 +
 string-list.c                |  48 +++-----
 t/helper/test-string-list.c  |  96 ---------------
 t/meson.build                |   2 +-
 t/t0063-string-list.sh       | 142 ---------------------
 t/unit-tests/u-string-list.c | 233 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 255 insertions(+), 267 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100755 t/t0063-string-list.sh
 create mode 100644 t/unit-tests/u-string-list.c

-- 
2.49.0