Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jul 2025, #02; Mon, 7)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2025 10:46:47 -0400

> * tb/midx-avoid-cruft-packs (2025-06-23) 9 commits
>  - repack: exclude cruft pack(s) from the MIDX where possible
>  - pack-objects: introduce '--stdin-packs=follow'
>  - pack-objects: swap 'show_{object,commit}_pack_hint'
>  - pack-objects: fix typo in 'show_object_pack_hint()'
>  - pack-objects: perform name-hash traversal for unpacked objects
>  - pack-objects: declare 'rev_info' for '--stdin-packs' earlier
>  - pack-objects: factor out handling '--stdin-packs'
>  - pack-objects: limit scope in 'add_object_entry_from_pack()'
>  - pack-objects: use standard option incompatibility functions
>
>  "pack-objects" has been taught to avoid pointing into objects in
>  cruft packs from midx.
>
>  Will merge to 'next'?
>  source: <[email-masked]>

I think that this one is ready to go. Since Elijah and Peff last
reviewed it, it hasn't changed substantially (other than a few
bugfix-related changes that were discovered while rolling this out at
GitHub).

The series has been running on GitHub's production infrastructure for
the last month or two without issue, so I think this is good from a
stability perspective.

I've CC'd Elijah and Peff here, since they were the last two to review
the series, but I don't think that they have any objections to this
moving along.

Thanks,
Taylor