Subject: Re: [GSoC][RFC PATCH 0/2] Add refs list subcommand

From: shejialuo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 20:58:27 +0800

On Mon, Jun 30, 2025 at 07:05:43AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> shejialuo <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > If so, we would make "git refs list" to place "git for-each-ref" at
> > all. However, in the current implementation, we indeed introduce
> > duplicate code path if we decide to do above.
> 
> I do not know what you meant by your first sentence.
> 

Sorry, I think I made you confused here. My meaning is exactly below
what you have said.

> If you make "git refs list <anything>" a thin wrapper for "git
> for-each-ref <anthing>", you can satisfy "I want to teach any and
> all features related to references to the 'git refs' command" while
> not penalizing existing users.  After all, that is essentially what
> "git branch" and "git tag" do as their listing mode and supports the
> featurs from for-each-ref, isn't it?

That's right. I just want to let Meet know, if we decide to make "git
refs list" a wrapper for "git for-each-ref", we need to change the
current code design as we introduced repeated code path.

---

Sorry for the late reply, as I am extremely busy with my own business.

Thanks,
Jialuo