Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git Mini Summit at Open Source Summit Europe, Amsterdam, August 28th

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2025 19:45:27 +0200

Hi,

I am happy to announce that there will be a Git Mini Summit co-located
with the Open Source Summit Europe in Amsterdam [1]. The details are as
follows:

  Date: August 28th
  Time: 9:00 - 13:00
  Location: RAI Amsterdam, Europaplein 24, 1078 GZ Amsterdam

This event is not intended to be a replacement for the upcoming Git
Merge 2025 [2]. Rather, it is intended to be a smaller community event
for those who cannot travel to the Git Merge due to whatever reason, or
those who are interested in Git and already attend the Open Source
Summit anyway.

The event will be structured so that we have a section of lightning
talks (probably two to three hours) followed by some time for people to
connect with one another (probably one or two hours).

The registration is not yet open, but as the date is approaching fast I
wanted to give the community a heads up so that they can plan. It is
expected that sign up for this event starts next week. Tickets can be
either bought as an add-on to your already existing Open Source Summit
Europe ticket or standalone and will cost 10$. I will send an update as
response to this announcement once tickets are available.

If you want to submit a talk, please send a short proposal to me. I will
vet these proposals together with other involved parties. Deadline is
July 28th. Furthermore, if you got any other input, please feel free to
send me an email, too.

Thanks!

Patrick

[1]: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
[2]: https://git-merge.com/