Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git Mini Summit at Open Source Summit Europe, Amsterdam, August 28th

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2025 12:42:37 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 07, 2025 at 07:45:27PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am happy to announce that there will be a Git Mini Summit co-located
> with the Open Source Summit Europe in Amsterdam [1]. The details are as
> follows:
> 
>   Date: August 28th
>   Time: 9:00 - 13:00
>   Location: RAI Amsterdam, Europaplein 24, 1078 GZ Amsterdam
> 
> This event is not intended to be a replacement for the upcoming Git
> Merge 2025 [2]. Rather, it is intended to be a smaller community event
> for those who cannot travel to the Git Merge due to whatever reason, or
> those who are interested in Git and already attend the Open Source
> Summit anyway.
> 
> The event will be structured so that we have a section of lightning
> talks (probably two to three hours) followed by some time for people to
> connect with one another (probably one or two hours).
> 
> The registration is not yet open, but as the date is approaching fast I
> wanted to give the community a heads up so that they can plan. It is
> expected that sign up for this event starts next week. Tickets can be
> either bought as an add-on to your already existing Open Source Summit
> Europe ticket or standalone and will cost 10$. I will send an update as
> response to this announcement once tickets are available.
> 
> If you want to submit a talk, please send a short proposal to me. I will
> vet these proposals together with other involved parties. Deadline is
> July 28th. Furthermore, if you got any other input, please feel free to
> send me an email, too.

A quick status update from my side: the registration is now open [1] for
both attendants of the Open Source Summit Europe and for standalone
registration in case you only want to visit the Mini Summit.

Thanks!

Patrick

[1]: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/features/co-located-events/#git-mini-summit-2025