Subject: Re: [GSoC][RFC PATCH v4 0/5] Add refs list subcommand

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2025 07:54:41 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2025 at 02:30:35PM +0530, Meet Soni wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> 
> This is the fourth version of the patch series that introduces the git
> refs list subcommand.
> 
> Changes in v4:
> 
>   - Implemented architectural refactoring. The core logic of
>     for-each-ref now resides in a shared helper function, and both
>     for-each-ref and refs list have been simplified to thin wrappers
>     around it.
> 
>   - The usage strings have also been refactored. The common options
>     are now defined in a shared macro in a new for-each-ref.h header.
> 
>   - The patch series has been further split to cleanly separate the
>     preparatory refactoring commits (for both the C code and the
>     AsciiDoc documentation) from the commit that introduces the new
>     feature.
> 
>   - As a beneficial side-effect of unifying the usage strings, this
>     series now fixes a pre-existing inconsistency between the --help
>     output and the man page for for-each-ref. This allows a known
>     breakage for it in the t0450 documentation test to be removed.

I've only got some minor nits that should be quick to address,
everything else looks quite sensible to me. So I think this is almost
ready to be merged.

Thanks!

Patrick