Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/18] Introduce rust: In xdiff

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2025 18:08:00 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2025 at 09:31:10AM -0600, Ezekiel Newren wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2025 at 7:01 AM Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I don't think there'd have to be major changes to the current version
> > of my patch series. The idea of that patch series is very much getting
> > buy-in regarding our roadmap and focus less on the actual build infra.
> > So the changes introduced are mostly an MVC, and I very much think that
> > we'll have to iterate quite a bit on it, but that's intended.
> 
> So long as you're flexible with the build infra details then I'm ok
> with rebasing on your work.
> 
> What does MVC stand for?

Minimum viable... candidate? I guess I rather meant "product", so MVP
would be the better term.

[snip]
> > >   * What should we call the crate that will be the new home for .c and
> > > .h files in the root of Git?
> >
> > We could call this something like "libgit-ffi", but I don't care too
> > much.
> 
> I prefer Eric Sunshine's suggestion of gitcore, no hyphen.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Patrick