Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] packfile: rename `packfile_store_get_all_packs()`

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2025 16:48:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 07, 2025 at 02:41:12PM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> ---
>  builtin/fast-import.c  | 4 ++--
>  builtin/pack-objects.c | 4 ++--
>  packfile.c             | 2 +-
>  packfile.h             | 4 ++--
>  4 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

Hmm. I wonder if we should perform this step at a later date. My fear is
that another topic in fight might introduce a new use of the "get_packs"
assuming the old semantics.

Merging this topic and that hypothetical one together wouldn't produce a
textual conflict, but it could introduce bugs where the hypothetical new
code expects the old behavior.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but figured I'd write down the concern
nonetheless.

Thanks,
Taylor