Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] refs: cleanup code around optimizations

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2025 12:38:02 +0200

On Wed, Oct 15, 2025 at 11:25:05PM +0200, Karthik Nayak wrote:
> This is extracted from a recent series I sent [1], which I've since
> dropped to follow up with a different approach. I think these patches
> hold value individually.
> 
> They mostly cleanup code around 'git refs optimize' which was added
> recently in db0babf9b2 (Merge branch 'ms/refs-optimize', 2025-10-02).
> The code in the refs subsystem contains both 'pack-refs' and 'optimize'
> functions, which are one and the same.
> 
> This series unifies this to only retain the 'optimize' functions and
> naming, since it backend generic.
> 
> This is based on top of master 143f58ef75 (Sync with Git 2.51.1,
> 2025-10-15) with 'ps/ref-peeled-tags' merged in.

Thanks, these patches all look good to me, except for the small nits
that Justin has spotted. I guess this can use one more tiny reroll
before it's ready to be merged.

Patrick