Subject: Re: [PATCH] GitHub CI: macos-13 images are no more

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2025 08:14:18 +0100

On Wed, Nov 05, 2025 at 06:34:30AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > As this image was deprecated on Sep 22nd, and will be dropped on Dec
> > 4th, replace these jobs to use macos-14 images instead.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >
> >  * This is a monkey-see-monkey-do patch.  There may be additional
> >    adjustment necessary (versions of tools available on the system
> >    may be different, for example).
> 
> This, when test-merged to 'master' and also to 'next', seems to be
> enough to get GitHub Actions based CI pass.  I'll fast-track it in
> order to allow us to run it with the upcoming -rc1, and eventually
> down to 'maint',

Makes sense. I don't really expect any fallout from this -- GitLab CI
has been using macOS 14 for a while already, and I never noticed any
issues with it.

Could of course be that GitHub does anything special here, but I guess
that a green pipeline is confirmation enough.

Thanks!

Patrick