Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/2] repo: add new flag --keys to git-repo-info

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2026 08:19:19 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2026 at 08:11:35PM -0300, Lucas Seiki Oshiro wrote:
> 
> > Tiny nit: we also tend to terminate the last enum value with a comma.
> > The reason here is that it makes it easier to add new values going
> > forward while only having to change one line.
> 
> Sure, I forgot to add it. 
> 
> > You also have to adapt `cmd_repo_structure()` to handle this new vaule.
> > Otherwise it would `BUG()`. I guess the most reasonable change here
> > would be to treat "lines" and "keyvalue" as equivalent?
> 
> Nice catch! I don't know if it makes sense. If we change that in
> structure, we'll also need to also change in info, making the name
> "keyvalue" useless. Another solution: change the current "keyvalues" by
> "lines" in those three cases. Maybe it makes more sense than the name
> "keyvalue".

I also thought about it, but didn't want to propose it myself. But I
agree that this would be a reasonable change. After all, git-repo(1) is
still young and it's marked as experimental, so from my perspective it
is fair to do adjustments like this once we notice that we've been a bit
too narrow-minded.

So I'm all for it.

Thanks!

Patrick