Subject: Re: [BUG REPORT] Git Bash for Windows Freezes When Receiving User Input

From: "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2026 00:58:27 +0000

On 2026-02-19 at 00:11:47, Yuxuan Liao wrote:
> Hi Git Community,

Hi,

> I encountered a Git Bash problem where it freezes when receiving user
> input. Below is the detailed bug report. Thank you so much for your
> time reading this.

The Git project doesn't ship any binaries at all, only source.  It
sounds like you're using Git for Windows, which tracks its issues at
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues.  That would be the proper
place to report problems with Git Bash or other non-Git components.

When reporting the issue, you'll want to search to see if there's an
existing report.  Although I'm not the Git for Windows maintainer and
you should of course follow whatever directions they give you, it may be
helpful to test what happens when you open Git Bash from the Start menu
as well as whether you can reproduce this running the bash environment
under Windows Terminal.  That would provide helpful context that might
assist in tracking down the issue.

I'm afraid I can't personally be of any other assistance because I don't
use Windows (and I don't have multiple keyboard layouts because all of
the languages I currently speak use Latin characters).

Best of luck with your problem!
-- 
brian m. carlson (they/them)
Toronto, Ontario, CA