Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] history: introduce "split" subcommand

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2026 08:13:26 +0100

On Fri, Mar 13, 2026 at 03:35:32PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > this patch series introduces `git history split` as an easy way to split
> > up one commit into multiple commits. This subcommand has already been
> > introduced in earlier versions of my git-history(1) patch series, but I
> > eventually decided to evict them from this series so that we can rather
> > focus more on basic decisions.
> 
> We saw a few exchanges and comments but didn't see an blocker.
> Everybody happy with the series?

There wasn't a ton of discussion on this series, but a lot of it already
happened back when it was still part of the initial git-history(1)
introduction. So it has already evolved significantly, even if that's
not quite visible here.

>From my perspective this is ready to go.

Thanks!

Patrick