Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] pack-objects: handle excluded-but-open packs via `--stdin-packs=follow`

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 17:46:55 -0400

On Thu, Mar 26, 2026 at 04:51:09PM -0400, Derrick Stolee wrote:
> Sorry I didn't get to v1 in time. This was an interesting series
> and fixes a bug well. My only quibbles are about some minor code
> style things, but I do hope you'll consider them. I struggled to
> read a few things and the changes I recommend seemed to make the
> logic more obvious.

Thanks for reviewing! The two main comments I picked up from you were:

 * whether or not the new enum should be non-anonymous
 * changing how we lookup entries in the strmap when processing input

On the latter of those two, I think that the suggestion you made would
break one of the test cases around handling the same pack being
specified multiple times with different flags[^1], so I opted to keep
the current logic there.

On the former, I don't feel strongly either way. If you do, I'm happy to
make that change, but if not I think the series should be good to go
as-is.

Thanks,
Taylor

[^1]: I wish this weren't the case, but this is my fault for not
  forbidding it when I initially wrote this feature.