Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2026, #12)

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2026 07:22:28 +0200

On Mon, Mar 30, 2026 at 05:10:42PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> * ps/commit-graph-overflow-fix (2026-03-23) 1 commit
>  - commit-graph: fix writing generations with dates exceeding 34 bits
> 
>  Fix a regression in writing the commit-graph where commits with dates
>  exceeding 34 bits (beyond year 2514) could cause an underflow and
>  crash Git during the generation data overflow chunk writing.
> 
>  Waiting for review response.
>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>  source: <[email-masked]>

Shall this also be marked as "Will merge to next" based on our last
discussion at [1]? I mostly want to ensure this is part of rc0 so that
the regression isn't part of any tagged release, even if it's just a
release candidate.

Thanks!

Patrick

[1]: <[email-masked]>