Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git Merge 2026, (September 17-18, in Lisbon)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2026 12:35:24 -0400

Git Merge 2026 is happening in-person on September 17-18th, 2026, in
beautiful Lisbon, Portugal!

GitButler and GitHub are co-hosting the event, which will take place on
the 17-18th, with the main conference taking place on the first day. The
second day will be reserved for the Contributor's Summit and a series of
unconference-style breakout sessions.

In addition, Google will be hosting a JJ-specific event on the 16th
which will be focused on the JJ project and its ecosystem. More details
from them to follow shortly.

There will be a social event on one of the evenings (TBD), which is
graciously hosted by our friends at GitLab.

Here are the details for the main conference:

  When: September 17-18th, 2026
  Where: Suspenso, Lisbon, Portugal (https://suspenso.pt/)
  What: Talks on the 17th, everything else on the 18th

This email is just to announce the date so people can start putting
together travel arrangements and to start thinking about topics for
talks and discussions for the unconference sessions. A couple of notes:

 * There are a number of hotels nearby the venue, and we don't have a
   room block set up at this time, so feel free to make your own
   arrangements.

 * Registration for the event is still being set up, but it should be
   available shortly. I'll send an update to this thread once I have
   more details.

As always, if you'd like to come but need financial assistance with
travel, please reach out to the Git PLC at <[email-masked]>.
We'll collect requests and try to make decisions and notify people with
enough time before the event to make travel arrangements.

Other than that, please be thinking about (and feel free to discuss in
this thread) topics you'd like to discuss, or any general thoughts on
the format, venue setup, etc.

Thanks,
Scott Chacon (GitButler)
Taylor Blau (GitHub)