Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] t/helper: add 'test-tool bitmap write' subcommand

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2026 14:51:48 -0400

On Sat, Apr 18, 2026 at 05:24:04PM -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2026 at 4:56 PM Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [...]
> > +               bitmap_writer_push_commit(&writer, c, false);
>
> $ git grep -h -A 1 bitmap_writer_push_commit -- '*.h'
> void bitmap_writer_push_commit(struct bitmap_writer *writer,
>                                struct commit *commit, unsigned pseudo_merge);
>
> Not a big deal, but for consistency, would it make more sense to pass
> 0 for the third argument, or to change the function signature change
> to accept bool instead of unsigned?

Let's change it to pass "0" for now. I think that it's fine to clean
this up in the future, but I do not want to make a habit of changing
many "int/unsigned -> bool" signatures each time we wish to call such a
function.

Thanks,
Taylor