Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] unpack_trees_options: free messages when done

From: Ben Peart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:09:52 -0400

On 5/16/2018 5:54 PM, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> 
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Martin Ågren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 16 May 2018 at 16:32, Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 4:32 AM, Martin Ågren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> As you noted elsewhere [1], Ben is also working in this area. I'd be
>>>> perfectly happy to sit on these patches until both of your contributions
>>>> come through to master.
>>>>
>>>> [1] https://public-inbox.org/git/CABPp-BFh=[email-masked]/
>>>
>>> Instead of waiting for these to come through to master, could you just
>>> submit based on the top of bp/merge-rename-config?
>>
>> Sure, here goes. This is based on bp/merge-rename-config, gets rid of
>> all leaks of memory allocated in `setup_unpack_trees_porcelain()` and
>> cuts the number of leaks in the test-suite (i.e., the subset of the
>> tests that I run) by around 10%.
> 
> Awesome, thanks.  I've looked over patches 2 & 3; they look good to me.
> 

I like the symmetry of the naming and locality of the functions.  Should 
help people remember to keep the xstrfmt() and associated free() in 
sync.  Patches look good to me as well.