Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 01/12] t5620: make test work with path-walk var

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2026 21:03:19 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2026 at 06:12:58PM +0000, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
>
> The GIT_TEST_PACK_PATH_WALK test variable allows enabling the
> --path-walk option to 'git pack-objects' by default. This sometimes
> engages the warning that --path-walk is incompatible with the --filter
> option. These tests in t5620 fail due to this warning over stderr in
> this case. Disable this variable for this moment until these options
> work together.

Makes sense. I think it would be equally OK to set this at the
top-level similar to c51f5a6437c (t5326: test multi-pack bitmap
behavior, 2021-08-31), but this is equally fine. Especially so if there
are other tests in the script that we do want to exercise under
--path-walk.

Looks good.

Thanks,
Taylor