Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/9] pack-bitmap: fix various pseudo-merge bugs

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2026 20:10:06 -0400

On Tue, Apr 21, 2026 at 06:37:45PM -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Here you fixed the order, but...
>
> >     ++  git init pseudo-merge-fill-in-multi &&
>
> ...then you immediately run git init a second time?  I'm guessing this
> was a stray edit made while trying to fix the order; could we get rid
> of the duplicate?

Oof, good catch. I'm not sure how that snuck in there, but it's fixed on
my end.

> >         (
> >     +           cd pseudo-merge-fill-in-multi &&
> >     +
>
> Looks like you addressed all the feedback so far from v1.  There does
> appear to be a new accidental double-init that I noted above in patch
> 4, but I didn't spot any other issues.

Besides that, I found one more spot that needed some love, which is the
new "duplicate pseudo-merge pattern does not leak" test added at the
very end of the series, which had a wrong ordering, and piped the output
of 'git rev-parse' directly into a test helper.

I'll send a fixed up round out now.

Thanks,
Taylor