Subject: Re: git-history drops signatures

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2026 10:03:44 +0200

Hi Alix,

On Sat, May 30, 2026 at 12:44:25PM +0200, Alix Brunet wrote:
> Hey team ;
> 
> I noticed `git history` drops signatures,
> Even though `git rebase` can keep / re-sign commits (`-S`)
> 
> Will this ever be implemented?

right now it does drop signatures indeed, but I agree that this is
something we should eventually implement. I didn't have the intent to
work on this soon though as I still have a couple of other features for
git-history(1) that I'd like to prioritize.

All to say: if anyone cares for this feature and has the capacity, then
please feel free to have a go at it :) Otherwise it'll probably take a
while.

Thanks!

Patrick