Subject: Re: [PATCH] Refactor recv_sideband()

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:44:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> 
> > Improve the readability of recv_sideband() significantly by replacing
> > fragile buffer manipulations with more sophisticated format strings.
> > Also, reorganize the overall control flow, remove some superfluous
> > variables and replace a custom implementation of strpbrk() with a call
> > to the standard C library function.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Lukas Fleischer <[email-masked]>
> 
> The previous code was a total abomination, even if I happen to know who 
> wrote it.

Let's give Junio a break, okay? He does a kick-ass job at maintaining Git.
What we see here is simply good software development, nothing more,
nothing less: an initial, working code being improved. No need to make the
original author feel bad... :-)

Ciao,
Dscho