Subject: Re: [PATCH] perf: accommodate for MacOSX

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:45:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Lars,

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016, Lars Schneider wrote:

> > On 18 Jun 2016, at 15:03, Johannes Schindelin
> > <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > As this developer has no access to MacOSX developer setups anymore,
> > Travis becomes the best bet to run performance tests on that OS.
>
> We don't run the performance tests on Travis CI right now.
> Maybe we should? With your patch below it should work, right?

It *should* work, but I'd be reluctant to run them as part of the CI: we
have no real chance to catch perf regressions as of now. So all it would
do would be to add load to Travis.

> I only saw one error on my local OS X machine here:
> https://github.com/git/git/blob/05219a1276341e72d8082d76b7f5ed394b7437a4/t/perf/p0000-perf-lib-sanity.sh#L26

Yeah, well, I should have been clearer in my commit message: this patch
allows the perf tests to *run*, not to *pass*... ;-)

> Does the export of foo not work properly on OS X? "$foo" is empty...

Sorry, as I said: I no longer have access to a dev setup running MacOSX.

Ciao,
Dscho

P.S.: Please save me time by deleting the remainder of the quoted mail
when it is irrelevant to your reply. Thanks!