Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] config: add conditional include

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:53:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Duy,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:

> Helped-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>

This commit message is quite a bit short on details. I still fail to see
what use case this would benefit, and I already start to suspect that the
change would open a can of worms that might not be desired.

> +	; include if $GIT_DIR is /path/to/foo/.git
> +	[include "gitdir:/path/to/foo/.git"]
> +		path = /path/to/foo.inc

I find this way to specify a conditional unintuitive. Reading
"gitdir:/path/to/foo/.git" suggests to me that the Git dir is *re-set*,
not that this is a condition.

I would have expected something like

	[include "if-gitdir-is:/path/to/foo/.git"]

instead.

Ciao,
Dscho