Subject: Re: [PATCH 21/22] sequencer: left-trim the lines read from the script

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:13:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kuba,

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Jakub Narębski wrote:

> W dniu 29.08.2016 o 10:06, Johannes Schindelin pisze:
> 
> Subject: [PATCH 21/22] sequencer: left-trim the lines read from the script
> 
> In the subject, it should probably be without "the", as "lines"
> are plural.
> 
> s/left-trim the lines/left-trim lines/

I am happy that we stepped outside of the "code correctness" land into
"grammar fix" land, as it surely means that you are convinced the code is
correct? ;-)

Fixed.

> > Interactive rebase's scripts may be indented; We need to handle this
> > case, too, now that we prepare the sequencer to process interactive
> > rebases.
> 
> s/; We need/; we need/

Hrmpf. From http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/colon.htm:

	There is some disagreement among writing reference manuals about
	when you should capitalize an independent clause following a
	colon. Most of the manuals advise that when you have more than one
	sentence in your explanation or when your sentence(s) is a formal
	quotation, a capital is a good idea. The NYPL Writer's Guide urges
	consistency within a document; the Chicago Manual of Style says
	you may begin an independent clause with a lowercase letter unless it's
	one of those two things (a quotation or more than one sentence).
	The APA Publication Manual is the most extreme: it advises us to
	always capitalize an independent clause following a colon. The advice
	given above is consistent with the Gregg Reference Manual.

Based on that, I think that a capital is the correct case here.

> 'bol' is beginning-of-line, isn't it (a complement to eol)?

Yep. How did you guess? :-)

Ciao,
Dscho