Subject: Tie a CVS-aware app into GIT?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:01:45 -0500 (CDT)

I have an application (closed source, unfortunately) that can use CVS to
manage its files (specifically, Enterprise Architect by Sparx).

I'd rather use GIT to manage the files, but EA doesn't "speak" git - just
CVS and Subversion (and Microsoft's SCC protocol, but...)

Are there any programs which
1) accept the same command line parameters as CVS or Subversion
and
2) access a GIT repository.

git-svn is almost exactly NOT what I need, as it accepts "git" type
command line parameters and access a SVN repo, rather than accepting SVN
command line parameters and accessing a GIT repo.

Now, obviously, such a tool wouldn't have access to all the things that
GIT can do, and that is NOT what I am expecting - what I want is just to
enable EA to do the things it needs to do, namely adding/removing/moving
files from a repo. Branching, commits, and so on can be done manually.

I've thought about git-cvsserver as a solution, but I don't know if it can
be run on a local machine to access a local repository.

I'd appreciate any help on this.