Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] replay: add --revert option to reverse commit changes

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2025 16:21:03 +0000

Hi Siddharth

On 26/11/2025 19:39, Siddharth Asthana wrote:
> 
> The realistic use case is reverting commits from a branch where those 
> commits already exist. For example:
> 
>      git replay --revert main~3..main
> 
> This would revert the last 3 commits on main, creating revert commits on 
> top of main.

We want to be able to revert an arbitary range of commits. That means we 
need to give --revert a branch name to update in addition to the range 
of commits to revert. The following example would update "main", 
reverting all the commits from the branch "feature"

	git replay --revert main main..feature

Thanks

Phillip