Subject: BUG: git-gui no longer executes hook scripts

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 12:45:31 -0400

The commit titled "Work around Tcl's default |PATH| lookup",|aae9560, 
adds checking on all commands to be executed to assure these are on the 
PATH. Any script in .git/hooks is rejected as .git/hooks is not (in 
general) on the PATH, even if the entry in .git/hooks is a symlink to a 
file on the PATH. Instead, git-gui throws and error without completing 
the operation. This is easily demonstrated by say, enabling the 
commit-msg script (hooks-commit-msg.sample templates) and attempting a 
commit.
|

|I don't have a suggested solution to this: reverting the above commit 
will fix this problem, but that commit  was made to mitigate a security 
issue.  Perhaps anything in .git/hooks should be accepted without 
further checks?
|

|
|

|Mark
|