Subject: Re: Thunderbird and patches

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:37:47 +0900

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:
>> In other words: use the right tool.  Or, as somebody put it at the 
>> GitTogether: to a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
>
> It just seems that the workflow "required" here on the git list is the
> way it is because it caters for differently abled MUAs which can't
> handle certain standards (inline disposition) efficiently.  Mutt
> obviously can, so it's not a matter of John Doe's MUA versus geeky
> MUAs.

So, since you decry flames later in your message, why did you feel it
necessary to throw in this rather creaky bit of flamebait?

[The issue is apparently MUAs which munge messages when not wanted; that
says _nothing_ about what non-munging MUAs can or can not "handle".]

-Miles

-- 
Mayonnaise, n. One of the sauces that serve the French in place of a state
religion.