Subject: Re: RFH: unexpected reflog behavior with --since=

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:06:56 +0900

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> The only point would be to leave "--since" to act on the commit
> timestamps, so that you don't have to resort to the external grepping I
> mentioned above. However, I'm not convinced anybody even cares about
> that use case.
>
> I think the behavior you want is much more sensible.

I think there's already confusion in this area, e.g., with @{...} using
reflog dates, but "git log --since" using commit dates.  This can be an
easy trap to fall into because _often_ the two have similar granularity
(when you're mostly pushing changes), but not _always_ (when you pull a
big batch of changes).

Soooo, being really really explicit about using reflog dates vs. commit
dates -- and e.g., having option names like "--since" _always_ refer to
commit dates -- would be a good thing, I think...

-Miles

-- 
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.