Subject: Re: Cross-Platform Version Control

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:49:31 +0900

John Tapsell <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm as much of an open source developer as anyone else here.  I spend
> a huge amount of my time programming for KDE.  But I've never told a
> user "well that settles it" because they won't code it themselves :-/

FWIW, Johannes' use of "Well, that rather settles things, no?" in this
thread this didn't strike me as being rude or truly dismissive (even
though it's literally so).

It seemed more just a timely and to the point reminder that however fun
it is to talk about random feature X, someone's gotta do the work if
it's going to actually be implemented, and that the direction of git
development very much follows the whims of those doing the actual
hacking (perhaps more so than other projects).

[and I don't even have particularly thick skin, I think -- I'm often
very annoyed by brusqueness one sees on many developer mailing lists...]

-Miles

-- 
Acquaintance, n. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not
well enough to lend to.