Subject: Re: Git in GSoC 2025

From: Kaartic Sivaraam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 23:00:40 +0530

(Apologies for the delayed re-send. I just noticed that this one
  got dropped by the mailing list. I'll respond to existing replies
  in that thread)

Hi Patrick, Christian, Karthik and Jialuo,

Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering as a mentor!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2025 at 12:37 PM Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> wrote:

 > I'd be happy to mentor this year again. A couple of ideas:

Thank you for suggesting these ideas, Patrick! I've incorporated them 
into a draft ideas page for now. You can see them here:

https://git.github.io/SoC-2025-Ideas/

Kindly suggest any corrections to the description, project size /
difficulty as necessary. I've mentioned potential mentors based on what
I'm aware of so far.

Patrick, Christian and Karthik, kindly mention the ideas that you're
interested to mentor.

While I have not included them as of yet, I wonder if the following
ideas which we had last year[1] could still be retained this year:

- Implement consistency checks for refs. The idea could be about
   implementing further ref checks which Jialuo appears to be helping
   out with. We could leave it if Jialuo prefers to continue working on
   the same in a flow.

- Refactor git-bisect(1) to make its state self-contained

- Implement support for reftables in "dumb" HTTP transport

Would these be interesting ones to consider? Is anyone willing to
mentor these this time around?

 > I'll keep on thinking about potential topics.

Sure. That would be great! Others could also chime in with your
potential ideas. Also, do not hesitate to let us know if you're
interested in mentoring.

-- 
Sivaraam