Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 6/6] doc: push: explain default=simple correctly

From: Mathias Kunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 20:38:56 +0200

Am 31.05.21 um 19:31 schrieb Felipe Contreras:
> Once those patches are merged, then I will probably send the one to
> change the behavior.
> 
> I will include you in the Cc list when I do so.

Thank you very much.

> In my experience you need to convince either Junio Hamano, or Jeff King
> for any change in behavior to happen, and until they do comment on this
> one it's fair to say it won't happen.

I assume they are on this mailing list?

I'd say it should be quite an argument if the related StackOverflow 
question dealing with this exact issue is one of the top-voted git 
questions of all time. [1]

It seems that millions of developers (judging by the number of views of 
that question) wonder what they need to do so that "git pull and git 
push will work immediately" on a newly created local branch.

If that would "just work" out of the box and with the default settings 
of git, without having to read up the solution in StackOverflow first, 
then it would certainly be an improvement for a huge number of people. 
So, to all whom it may concern, I think a behavioral change is advisable 
here.

Thank you.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/q/2765421